February 11, 2010

Snowly Cow!

The theme for the week is snow wrecking havoc on my travel plans.  Again, the possibility of getting out of town tomorrow is looking like it might not happen.  The family is supposed to be going to Mobile (AL Coast) in the morning, and the NWS is predicting 2-5"s of "heavy snowfall".  For some of you that's nothing, for those of us in the south, SNOWLY COW that's a lot!  I've decided that my wife's grandmother's 80th birthday party isn't worth risking the 4 hour drive in a southern blizzard.  My wife agrees for the record.  So, Jack Frost do your worst....we're not scared of your fluffy flakes in this household!

Side note**My dad, who's lived in Dallas for over twenty years, reported more snow that he's ever seen in TX (shown above for proof of legitimacy to this blog).  On the other hand, my friends in the Rockies have complained about "craptastic"snow levels most of the winter.  What's going on Mother Nature?**

No comments:

Post a Comment