February 13, 2010

The Alabama Blizzard of Feb. 2010


Ok, it wasn't a blizzard, but it was beautiful.  It came and went pretty quickly, but at least my Little One got to experience her first snow.  I wish I could feel what it's like for her during moments like this....to experience things for the first time with no expectations, no hype, no let-downs, just the pure joy of being in that moment seeing snow for the first time.  How cool!  If we were only capable of realizing how great it was to be a child at that time.  Well, for the record I personally had a great childhood and I know that many people weren't as fortunate. For those people I have deep sorrow!

They say yesterday was the first time in recorded history that the lower 48 states had snow on the ground at the same time.  CRAZY!  Really?  Seems hard to believe, but I imagine it's probably true.  Congratulations lower 48  on your new record!  The scary part about this record is "they" also say it's due to global warming.  The globe warms & we get more snow?  What.....uhhhh, is that possible?  I'll let you sit around and think about it, but I'm just glad the Blizzard of Feb. 2010 happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment