February 9, 2010

A Change of Plans, Doctors, Lunch, & Jazz Dancing...

I was supposed to head north this morning to Louisville, KY on a business trip.  However a massive storm system moved in over the last 24 hours and started dumping snow in that region.  Trip postponed for 2 weeks- -bummer, but I had a full day none the less.


First a trip to the pediatrician, which is always a chore.  Every time my daughter sees somebody in scrubs she gets very skeptical to say the least.  We got a couple of meds to fix her up and we were on our way.  So long snotty nose and sleep depriving cough.  We won't miss you!


Immediately following the Dr.'s office we met Mommy for lunch.  It was a nice treat since we don't get to do family lunches mid- week very often.  It's the little things that can completely change your day.  From a canceled flight to lunch with my beautiful family..... I can't complain!


The little one was asleep in the car no more than three minutes after departing from the eatery.  That's a sure sign a long winter's nap is right around the corner.  I was right.  SIDENOTE** I miss childhood nap times and fully believe the siesta should become commonplace in American culture!**  
To wrap this up my point is this: even though plans can change in a hurry, it's not a bad thing to end up dancing in the kitchen with your daughter to some NOLA jazz!!!  In fact, I can't think of anything more productive and rewarding!!!   
On that note I suggest: WWOZ 90.7 FM New Orleans   They have their own iphone app, how sweet is that?  Enjoy, because it's Mardi Gras time and you should be dancing with the ones you love most (in your kitchen)!



2 comments:

  1. Too bad about your Louisville trip...Louisville is awesome and I miss it! If you have free time while you are there we can recommend some cool places. Lots of art, music, and several good breweries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll hit you up for those details. I'm back on the 23rd of this month and I'm excited to scope it out.

    ReplyDelete