March 18, 2010

Things I've Learned Over The Last Year- - The Short List

 2009-2010 has been challenging to say the least!  So, I'm taking this opportunity to really think about the positive things I'll be able to take with me.  Here goes....

  1. I'm not good at working from home! Doesn't sound positive I know, but I'm now fully aware that I work best as part of a team.  Great to know!
  2. Life can change in the blink of an eye, and it's important to make the most of each and every day!
  3. Friends will get you through the tough times, and tough times will show you who your real friends are. I'm fortunate to have many of these people in my life!
  4. You can't control everything in life, so don't stress the things you have no control over.  Learn to roll with these situations and try to spin them into something positive.
  5. Cliche as it sounds, it's about who you know.  It's important to have a wide/deep network of individuals.  I've probably spent most of time developing my network, and it's gotten me further than anything else I've tried.  I think this should be a life long development process.  You can't ever settle with what you've got, because there are endless possibilities of relationships to develop.
  6. I've learned that building relationships is something I'm good at.  **Not bragging**  I really like people and getting to know what makes them tick.
  7. If your comfortable in life, there's always something you could be working on to make it better and more secure.  Disclaimer: I'm fully aware that life & security are like oil & water.
  8. I've learned what I'm made of, and what's really important to me.  
  9. Sometimes "tough times" are a blessing in disguise.  Some kind of lesson always comes from the worst memories we carry around.  
  10. Learn to be flexible, and adapt to anything that comes your way.  Flexibility, in my mind, is the key to a life well lived!!
  11. I've learned I really like sports talk radio--mainly during football season though.
  12. I've learned that watching my daughter grow-up is truly a gift!!  We've really built a strong bond with all my time at home. It's awesome to see her personality develop, and scary too, because I know who her parents are.
  13. I really miss playing the drums, and being creative in general.
  14. It's not a good idea to always vent to your significant other!!  Yes, they are your life partner, but excessive negativity wears on anyone.  Just love them with all your heart no matter what's going on around you!!!
What are some life lessons you've learned through tough times?

No comments:

Post a Comment