March 10, 2010

How did this happen, and where am I going from here?

**Yes, I'm aware that this post is all over the place, but that's how my brain works most of the time.**

Over the course of this past year my family has seen more than our fair share of tough times.  I found myself unemployed last May out of the blue, and it's been a nasty cycle since then.  I tried all kinds of things to climb out of this hole, but it seems to constantly get deeper.  Double Dang!

I ask myself often, will we ever get out of the red?  I wish I knew the answer!  The worst part of the whole mess is the stress of it all.  Stress is no joke, and it really starts to take it's toll after a while.  I've learned many things during this trial, but the one thing I'd love to share is this:  YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!!!  I have to remind myself of this daily.

I've wanted to a thousand times, trust me.  However, it's not just about me.  My family depends on me, and I feel I've let them down.  What a terrible thing to carry with you!  I love them more than you could possibly imagine, and I only want the best for them! How can I help us live to our fullest potential in this life of ours?

I'm now asking myself,  what is my real purpose on this earth.  I know we'd all like that answer, right?  Well, I'm listening Lord!  Please show me my path, because I can't walk this road alone any longer!!!!  I ask that we all try to answer the question, what is our purpose as individuals.  I fully believe we were all placed here for some reason.  I've been on this quest for far too long, but I know I can't quit.  That's just not acceptable!!  In fact it's time for turbo-purpose-search-mode!

I know at the end of the day I long to feel as if I've made a difference in someone's life.  I'm not a selfish person, although others might disagree, but I know I want my career and life to be focused on helping others.  Did I just answer part of my own question?  I'm not sure, but from this day forward my quest will be helping others, starting with my own family.  Lord bless us all as we search for our purposes!!

Now I'm off to try and make something positive happen today.  Just a little hint of good news would be awesome........Go-Go-Gadget Life Purpose Detecter.


No comments:

Post a Comment